For the Jewish community in Israel and all around the world, Passover is an exceptionally significant festival they celebrate every year, a time to remember the Jews’ historic and unprecedented experience of Exodus in Egypt. Everyone is busy cleaning and preparing their houses for the upcoming occasion making sure that there are no traces of Chametz(Leavened bread) in every corner but only the Passover Bread is present in the table.
Consequently, one of the earmarks of the Passover celebration that is renowned worldwide is the generosity and profound dedication and esteem on Passover Gift-giving during the holidays. It has become a common tradition among the Jews which deepen their relationship with friends, loved ones and relatives.
Passover Gift Ideas
There are endless possibilities to which you can generate very unique Passover gift ideas to be given during the holidays of Passover. Gifts are not limited to food of course, though most of the Jews love to send food gifts that are Kosher for Passover.
Some prefer to personally cook the food they are to give while some go for the ready-made available at Jewish gift shops. Either way, it is evident that foods are not just emblems for sustenance but also an expression of culture, values and history of a certain community.
Here are some food gift ideas that will assist you not to think too much of what to give this Passover holiday:
- Boxes of different fruits and sweets are ideal for the Passover Seder which will be enjoyed by every member on the table.
- Handmade round honeyed Matzahs are greatly appreciated, though common, yet home-made for them.
- Assorted fruit slices preserved in sugar.
- A box of an organic Green tea for the older ones in the table.
- Basket of Passover cookie and macaroons is very interesting.
- Matzahs deeply coated with dark chocolates adds smile to the children.
- A healthy Kosher for Passover wine will be loved by the Seder leader.
Other Passover Gifts
Some Jews simply prefer to give other Passover gift items aside from food since there are plenty other options that are distinctive and unique.
- Passover Flowers and Plants would be a nice display on the Seder table.
- Passover T-shirts with an inscription: “My first Passover Seder” is also a great idea.
- Passover Throw Pillow
- Ceramic Passover Seder plates with elegant designs will be an extravagant idea.
- Candle holders will add beauty and solemnity in the Seder ceremony.
- Passover recipe and cookbooks are thrilling to the mothers who love to cook.
- A modern and animated Haggadah will excite and add curiosity to the children.
- A table cloth for the Seder table is also an awesome idea.
There are lots of gift ideas that can be given during the Passover holiday and it just touches the heart of those who received a gift regardless of its value when it is given wholeheartedly and out of a cheerful heart.